London is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, and with good reason! From the glittering nightlife of the city to the stunning architecture and history, there’s always something new to see and do when you’re out on the water.
In this post, we’ll take a look at five different ways to get out on the water in London, from cruising around the Thames on a boat or cruiser to fishing in Richmond Park or taking a kayak or canoe out onto the river. No matter what you choose, we promise you won’t be disappointed!
5 Ways To Get Out On The Water In London
Looking for a way to get out on the water in London? Here are some of the best ways to enjoy the waterways:
1. Take a river cruise: There are many different river cruises available in London, and they offer a great way to see the city from a different perspective. Some companies also offer brunch or lunch as part of their packages, making it a fun day out with friends.
2. Rent kayaks or canoes: If you have your own equipment, renting kayaks or canoes is another great option for getting out on the water. Many places offer rental rates that are lower than what you would pay at a park or beach, and you can explore all sorts of different areas without having to worry about traffic.
3. Go sailing: Sailing is another great way to explore the waterways around London. There are many different boatyards and sailing clubs in the city that offer beginner-friendly classes and sailing trips for all levels of experience.
4. Kayak down the Regent’s Canal: The Regent’s Canal is one of London’s most popular waterways, and it offers beautiful views of central London as you kayak downstream. You can also take tours down the canal if you want more information about its history and attractions.
Getting Out On The River Thames
If you’re looking for a relaxing day out on the river Thames, there are plenty of options available. From cruising to fishing, here are some of the best ways to get out on the water in London:
Cruise Along The River Thames
One of the best ways to enjoy the river Thames is by cruising. You can cruise along at a leisurely pace or take advantage of some of the river’s attractions, such as Chelsea Gardens and The Swan Boatshed. If you want to cruise in style, book a cabin on one of the luxury cruisers.
Take A Boat Trip On The Thames
If you want to travel along the river Thames but don’t want to spend a lot of money, take a boat trip. There are many companies that offer boat trips for both recreational and commercial purposes. Just be sure to research which company is offering what type of trip so that you select an option that suits your needs and interests.
Fish On The River Thames
Another great way to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of London is by fishing on the river Thames. There are many places where you can fish including Eye Level Marina, Putney Bridge Marina and Rotherhithe Fishery Pier. Just be sure to read up on safety precautions before heading out onto the water.
Getting Out On The Canal
If you’re looking for ways to get out on the water in London, there are plenty of options available. From canals to rivers and lakes, London has a variety of waterways that offer great opportunities for recreational paddling, fishing, and boating. Here are five ways to enjoy the waterways in London:
1) Take a canal cruise: One of the best ways to experience London’s canals is to take a canal tour. Many operators offer both daytime and evening cruises, giving you the chance to see all sorts of different parts of the city while cruising through it. Canal tours also make for great family fun – everyone can get involved in the fun!
2) Kayak or paddle downriver: If you’re looking for a more leisurely experience, try kayaking or paddling downriver. This is especially popular with tourists who want to enjoy beautiful views without having to worry about getting too wet. Many rivers and canals have designated kayaking areas, so finding one shouldn’t be too hard.
3) Fish from the riverbank: Another great option for recreational fishing is riverbank fishing. This involves casting your line into the water and waiting for something big to bite – whether that’s fish or other wildlife (like ducks!). Riverbanks can be found all around London, so find one that’s closest to where you’re staying and give it a try!
4) Rent an outdoor boat: Finally, if all you want is some casual
Getting Out On The Lake
If you’re looking for a fun summer activity that doesn’t require much effort, consider going out on the water. There are plenty of places to go in London, and each offers its own unique experience. Here are five great ways to get out on the water:
1) Kayak along the river Thames. This is a great option if you want to explore some of the city’s waterways without having to leave the riverbanks. You can kayak upstream or downstream, depending on your interests.
2) Rent a canoe or rowboat and take a spin around Hampstead Heath. This peaceful oasis just outside of London is perfect for a summer day trip. You can explore the lakes and rivers, or take in a show at one of the many theaters dotting the heath.
3) Cruise around Battersea Park Lake. This expansive body of water is perfect for swimming, boating, and sunbathing. It’s also home to many different types of wildlife, including swans and ducks.
4) Take a sailboat out on the Thames River. This is an unforgettable experience if you have some sailing experience and are able to navigate safely through London’s busy waterways. If not, there are often arrastres (a type of boat lift), which can take your boat directly from one part of the river to another without having to tie it down or dock it at any particular location.
5) Go parasailing over Tower Bridge
Whether you’re a thrill seeker or just looking for some peace and relaxation, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the water in London. Here are five of our favorite spots: